Thursday, February 6, 2014

We're going to Ghana....TAKE TWO!


The last few days in the USA have provided some unexpected down time and the time has been fruitful to learn some very important lessons about trusting God and surrendering control. In some of the hardest moments, God has intimately met our needs and it has been so special. Thank you so much for your continued prayers!!! I KNOW that they have been heard and answered. So grateful!

Some specific answers to prayer:
  • The Houston Consulate to Ghana and FedEx were extremely efficient and were able to issue us new updated visas and get them back to us in under 40 hours. We are now leaving for Ghana with everything in order!
  • Adam is feeling much better and has virtually completely recovered from his sickness.
  • We have had some sweet time with Adam's mom and our two home-grown kids these past few "extra" days. 
  • God has met me in places of anxiety and overwhelming stress and has offered me peace and joy through my ultimate trust in Him. I realize it is a constant choice and I am learning to make the choice in each moment. I'm sure I will have many opportunities to continue practicing but these last few days have provided some good practice to get me on the right path. 
  • God provided an amazing connection in Accra, Ghana with a West Point grad and his family. We feel so thankful that God has given us this sweet family to connect with and should I need to stay in country longer than Adam the fact that they are there has provided GREAT comfort to me. This connection was God saying to me, "I love you so much sweet child and I care about all of your worries. I have provided a way for you and you can trust me. I may not always show you these provisions of mine but they will always come right when you need them and in just the right way."
  • This song really resonated with me today. Enjoy! God willing, we will be landing in Ghana tomorrow morning when most of you are waking up. Thanks for your continued prayers!!

From where I'm standing
Lord it's so hard for me to see
Where this is going
And where You're leading me
I wish I knew how
All my fears and all my questions
Are gonna play out
In a world I can't control

Oh, oh

When I'm lost in the mystery
To You my future is a memory
Cause You're already there
You're already there
Standing at the end of my life
Waiting on the other side
And You're already there
You're already there

Oh, oh, oh, oh

From where You're standing
Lord, You see a grand design
That You imagined
When You breathed me into life
And all the chaos
Comes together in Your hands
Like a masterpiece
Of Your picture perfect plan
When I'm lost in the mystery
To You my future is a memory
Cause You're already there
You're already there
Standing at the end of my life
Waiting on the other side
And You're already there
You're already there

One day I'll stand before You
And look back on the life I've lived
I can't wait to enjoy the view
And see how all the pieces fit [x2]

One day I'll stand before You
And look back on the life I've lived
Cause You're already there
You're already there
When I'm lost in the mystery
To You my future is a memory
Cause You're already there
You're already there
Standing at the end of my life
Waiting on the other side
And You're already there
You're already there

You are already there

2 comments:

  1. Safe travels. Our prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God speed sweet Thompson Family! Love you and be safe!
    Can't wait to see you all together!

    ReplyDelete