Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Wednesday in Ghana

This post will be quite boring compared with all the videos and pictures from yesterday.

We ate breakfast, swam, went to the appointment at the Department of Social Welfare, ate a late lunch/early dinner and hung out in our hotel room.

I honestly was just trying to think about what we did today and that is it. Nothing too exciting.

Our meeting with the Director went OK. I honestly thought it was terrible but Ebe assured me that it was fine. Although everyone was speaking English the whole time there are still language subtleties and expressions that make it difficult for me to always interpret what is being said.  Additionally, the voice inflections and tones often take on a harsher feel to my American ear. Thankfully, I have already spent 6 days with my sweet Ghanaian boy and have somewhat of an understanding of that tone and what it might mean. Regardless, the final result was that the Embassy has not inquired of him yet for a Clearance letter for Gabriel's visa so his hands are tied. There is nothing he can do until they ask him. He promised to call the Embassy and inquire about our case tomorrow and then let us know what they say. I am grateful that he was willing to do that. Please join me in praying that when he calls them the Embassy will then put it in his hands and he can issue us the necessary clearance letter to print the visa. Still trusting....

Two scenarios:
1) The visa prints and we all leave on Friday night and arrive in Georgia on Saturday morning. Oh how great that would be!!!!!!
2) Adam helps the kids and I move our things into the home of some new friends on Friday where we will stay and wait for the visa to print. We haven't actually met these new friends yet. They are currently in London and traveling back to Ghana sometime in the next few days. I know. It's a little crazy. Let me share how good God is....due to the weather delay and our visa issue we had 3 "extra days" in America. First gift...God transformed my heart from worry and anxiety to peace and trust. MAJOR GIFT!!! Second gift...Adam had the brilliant idea to check his West Point Alumni website to see if there were any grads in Ghana. There was one. We reached out to him and his wife and they have embraced us (through email and texts). They live in a home with 2 extra bedrooms that is 1 mile from the Embassy. They have insisted that we stay there. I cannot explain the peace that this offer has given us. Regardless of whether we need to stay there or not, the hospitality and generosity of this family has already blessed us. Did I mention we haven't met them yet?!? God is so good and we are so grateful for his provisions to us.

Although today was all about a 15 minute mediocre appointment, it was still full of many moments of getting to know our children better and enjoying their company. I don't remember the last time, we were alone for this many hours and days constantly with Liz and Cael and as you might imagine there are some moments when it is exhausting. It is 24/7 parenting in a foreign county with 2 new personalities and temperaments.  Grace abounds. God is good.

We didn't take a single picture or video today. :-( Sorry. Until tomorrow.....

1 comment:

  1. Jill, Sue Davies here from Rochester. Remember me? The English woman with the funny accent. I have been avidly following your blog via the posts of others on Facebook and my heart is overflowing with admiration and respect for your trust and constancy. You are such an inspiration Jill and a powerful witness to the blessings that flow when we surrender to the will of our Lord. Praying for you all. I miss you!

    ReplyDelete