Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Another Wednesday in Ghana

Today my friend Ebe commented about how she can't believe it is already Wednesday and how it seems like Adam just left. I think my face spoke all of my feelings. What my face said was, "Actually it feels like Adam left last year. It feels like I haven't been home in months. I actually can't believe it has ONLY been a week!" I don't really know if I said any actual words but Ebe knew. She laughed.

It was just after this comment that I jumped into the Novotel swimming pool with 2 children. Fifteen minutes later felt like 4 hours. I was struggling. Gabriel had been particularly hard on me all morning and now he was laying it on heavy. I know he missed his dad. They had spent hours last week swimming in this very pool. The GM has graciously agreed to allow us to return today for a swim and I was excited about having something fun to do with the children but I didn't think through the logistics of one mom and two non-swimmers, both wanting and needing 100% attention. Just when I was on the verge of losing my mind an angel appeared....an angel named Sandy.

Sandy is a Delta flight attendant and fellow adoptive mother. She found me on a Ghana adoption facebook group and was working our original flight to Ghana that was cancelled due to bad weather. She had worked another JFK-Ghana flight earlier this week and was staying at the Novotel for her mandatory turn around time. We had planned to meet and get to know each other if it worked out. Well, not only did we get to meet and get to know each other but she proceeded to get into the pool and spend the next 4 hours helping to entertain and care for my two needy children. GOD LOVES ME SO MUCH!!!! This sweet lady will forever hold a special place in my heart. (I really hope she got a nap after we left since she is working the overnight flight tonight back to JFK!) Bless her!

Gabriel has had some hard moments today and he is having some pain in his arm which has some physical deformation. He has a long road ahead of him but we are very enthusiastic about being on his team. He will quickly learn that he doesn't have to keep his walls up with us and we are safe. It is hard for me to believe that we have only been a family for 2 weeks. We are making steady progress but we have a very long way to go.

Tonight, we enjoyed a wonderful dinner made by the home-help of the people we are staying with...delicious spaghetti and homemade bagels. It was nice to eat a homecooked meal in a family setting with a very nice couple. Thanks so much to the Stantons. They will be forever friends. So grateful for their hospitality and friendship!!

Tomorrow I will go the U.S. Embassy at 8:30am so for those of you who are up at 5:30am on the East Coast please feel free to pray. I will be trying to get any information regarding our case.



Sandy entertaining Debo Grace

1 comment:

  1. Continuing to pray for you....what an amazing story of love for those children. God will bless it.

    ReplyDelete