Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mom X 4

This time next week I will be meeting my 2 new kids for the first time in person.  It is a thought that makes my heart beat a little quicker and my eyes fill with instant tears. 

Today is Mother's Day. I already know the joy of being a mom and I love it.  But, today as I celebrate that wonderful job that God has blessed me with I cannot help but consider that if all goes well next Thursday in court that blessing will be times 4! ;-)

Liz and Cael bring me so much joy. They asked me this morning if I had to pick an age that I loved them best which age would I pick. 

"Well, when you were little newborn babies, I thought 'this is the best age ever'. 
And then when you were just learning to crawl, I thought, 'this is the best age ever'.
Then during those early walking years, I thought, 'this is the best age ever'.
Then when you were two and three and talking with such sweet voices and thoughts, I thought, 'this is the best age ever'.
Then when you were four, I just loved your independence yet innocence. I got to have you at home and hang out with you everyday, I thought, 'this is the best age ever.'
And now that you are 11 and 9........I wish you were five."

That's really what I said on the way to church this morning, in response to their question. We all laughed our heads off and then I explained that really dad and I have often said to one another "this is the best age ever!" over the years.

We have missed the first 5 years of our sweet new daughter's life and the first 6 years of our precious son's life so we will have a lot of "bests" to look forward to. There is no question, Liz and Cael are going to be such amazing role models to their new siblings. The way their speak and act and treat others is a shining example of Christ and that is what we hope to be to these new children. 

My mommy heart is bursting with joy times 4 today!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment