Friday, May 17, 2013

Beyond Disappointed

Good news and bad news....

Our friends got their visas but couldn't get ours. We are so happy for our friends.  They will be flying to Ghana tonight and meeting their daughter.  Please pray for them as they travel.

There had been no indication that they would have a problem getting ours if they got theirs. So we have some decisions to make.

We have cancelled our flight today and are processing some of our options. Please pray that we will make the best decisions. Regardless of what we decide, we will not be in Ghana in the next few days and we will be pouring much more time and money into getting our kids home.

Honestly, I am struggling right now.  I KNOW God has this and I KNOW we will look back on this time and see His hand all over it. I KNOW His plans are great and I KNOW I am resting in His plans.

But I also KNOW my heart is sad that I am not meeting my kids this weekend. I KNOW I am disappointed that this process is taking longer than I'd hoped. I KNOW I am so frustrated to be at the mercy of an embassy that seems to have no regard for visa applications.

God is bigger than all these things. I KNOW that too.

So....I think we are going to drive to DC on Sunday and pester the embassy until we get our visas. FUN TIMES!

Prayers appreciated....

No comments:

Post a Comment