Sunday, April 20, 2014

Jesus is Alive!

It's Easter.

Jesus is alive and He lives in me!

My journey with Jesus has been a relationship. He has ALWAYS been faithful.

I am free from "religion" because I have Jesus.

Religion is all about what you need to DO and with Jesus it is already DONE.

The tomb is empty!

These last few years God has wrecked my heart for children who don't have a family. This last year He has broken my heart specifically for two such children. These last 8 weeks He has called me to nurture, train,  love, and instruct these two children.

I'm telling you...Jesus is alive because I have seen Him working in the lives of these two children as well as the lives of many others including myself, my husband and my other children.

This week God gifted us with many sweet moments as a family of 6. We were able to play together a lot and laugh together a lot and eat together a lot and talk together a lot.

We turned some major corners this week and we are so grateful for that. Clearly, we have a long way to go, as do all of you, but JESUS IS ALIVE so anything is possible.

I am so thankful for fresh starts every day. The sun goes down and we get a rest from the heat of the day and then we get a fresh start.






Waiting for church to start...brothers hanging out on the lawn.

Gabriel said, "I love you too, Mom" yesterday in response to one of my many "i love you"s
Gabriel told me he has a good big brother.
Debo went to preschool recess and lunch by herself on Monday and Wednesday with lots of smiles.
Mom got to take two uninterrupted, relaxing baths this week and got to go out to dinner with a friend.
Cael got pink eye and got to stay home with mom for two days.
Liz wrote a four page letter/essay on why we should not give the dog away.
We got season passes to Six Flags and Whitewater.

No comments:

Post a Comment