Saturday, October 12, 2013

Hair!

So one of the topics of conversation that always seems to come up when you are a white girl adopting an African child is...hair. Everyone wants to know your plan.

Well...this white girl barely thinks about her own hair so trying to think about someone else's hair is almost beyond me. Thankfully, there are some very lovely well experienced mamas around me who have been and will be helping me out...ALOT! (Feel free to give me some tips!)

The thing is...Debo doesn't even have hair yet. They shave their heads in the orphanage and keep it very short for many practical reasons. It makes total sense. But, because of this, I have never seen my daughter's hair.



Until today!!!!

I had no idea that they were going to start growing out Debo's hair in anticipation of her homecoming! I wanted to ask them to, but that seemed so selfish since it is more work for the staff.  Because of this, you can imagine my gratitude when I saw this picture on facebook this morning.  My girl is growing hair!!! I imagine this is very exciting for her because she is totally a girly-girl. This is just one more sign to her that she really is getting ready to make a change. It is a confirmation to her (and her brother) that we are, indeed, coming and that we are coming soon. 
I really hope that hair doesn't have a lot longer to grow before we get there! ;-)
Here are a few more photos I got today. Enjoy! 
She is learning to write the letter "B" while rocking her new hair!

Love that smile!


This is Gabriel loving on one of the only babies at the orphanage, sweet baby Dougie! He is VERY well loved by everyone there! How could you not love that face?!?


No comments:

Post a Comment