Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Nothing is better than BEST!




God is good all the time….All the time God is good. 

I know this statement to be true because I have experienced it. I have seen and felt God's goodness on easy, happy days and on tough, painful days. 

God is BETTER lately.  Is that even possible?
"Better" implies some sort of change, albeit in the right direction but nonetheless, it implies a step-up, an improvement. 

But, God is unchanging.
-good
-faithful
-trustworthy

God does not change.  It is us who change. 

If I have felt as if God has been "better" lately it is simply because I have opened my eyes to His works around me. The opposite is also true. If it feels like God is far away and not very engaged in my life, it is not because he has moved away. It is not because he has lowered His standard of goodness. He only knows one standard...the highest level of good...the BEST!

God has been constantly and consistently good and I have missed so much of it? That is a HUGE bummer for me and you. Can you imagine how much we have missed?

Despite our ignorance or poor priorities or lack of discipline…God is still good and faithful and trustworthy. 

Nothing we have ever done or could ever do will EVER change God. That is powerful!  He is never LESS good or LESS faithful or LESS trustworthy. He is unchanging. 

Even on the highest of high days or the lowest of low days, He is always BEST. 

When my best friend, Kristen, was battling terminal liver cancer she always joked about being God's favorite child.  She felt that way because her eyes were fully opened to his miracles in her life. Her eyes were fully open to his goodness and faithfulness and trustworthiness and because of that she didn't miss His goodness. She was dying of cancer and felt like God's favorite child. 


My God and your God has not and will not ever change.  Not only is He good all the time but He is best all the time. You can't be any better than best. 



This post is dedicated to my friend, Laurie Griffith, as she starts chemo today to blast leukemia. Laurie, May God give you strength for the journey ahead and may you feel like His most favorite child as your eyes are open to the miracles around you. I pray God uses this chemo to wipe out the cancer from your body and uses the journey of this trial to make you more like Jesus. "Weeping may endure for a night but joy comes in the morning." Psalm 30:5

2 comments: