Thursday, January 17, 2013

Water

I am so thankful that I am a work in progress.  I am thankful that God has not left me where I was yesterday, or last month, or last year.  I am thankful that He continues to work in my heart to mold me into a better person.

Yesterday I was visiting the Georgia State Capital to get a few more adoption documents State Sealed (I AM FINISHED....BY THE WAY!!!!! WOO HOO!!!!)  Anyway, I parked in a parking garage and was trying to find the quickest and easiest way out to the road.  The closest exit to my parking spot led to an outdoor stairway and I was only on the second floor so I thought I would just use that exit.  WELL...I don't think that exit is used very often.  Especially since it leads outside and it was pouring down rain.  When I opened the door it was as if someone had put a bucket of water over the door jam as a booby trap.  Immediately a load of cold, smelly, stagnant water was dumped on my head. Gross! I literally gasped.

Once I got my bearings I thanked God that my phone and my folder with precious documents did not get drenched.  Then I did my best to wipe, dry, shake the rest of my body.  Of course, after a while I began to dry and it wasn't that big of a deal.  However, even as I dried, I stunk.  It was clear to me that the water had been stagnant above that door jam for awhile because it had a very bad stench which was now in my hair and covering the right side of my sweater.

It was dirty water because it hadn't been refilled, purified, refined, or moved.

I never want to be like a puddle of the same old water day in and day out. I want fresh, clean water to refill me each day. Living water.

I never want to be like sewage, stinky water full of grime and disease. I want to be purified and refined. That doesn't just happen.  It is a process.

I don't want to be like a stagnant bucket of water that remains unmoved and unused.  I want to be moved and changed daily to be more useable and purposeful.

Thank you Lord for pouring your rain down on Atlanta for the past 4 days and reminding me that you are still working on me. Create in me a clean heart Lord and renew a right spirit within me.

1 comment:

  1. Great story, great blog...great daughter-in-law! Love you and always enjoy hearing and reading about your walk with our Lord! So glad the papers are finished...one step closer to our "chosen" grandchildren!
    Love,
    Mum

    ReplyDelete