Sunday, March 13, 2011

Here I Am!

I have contemplated my own personal blog for a while.  As my bookmark bar fills with blogs of friends that I follow I realized how much  I look forward to reading these blogs each day and decided I would give it a try.

There is no doubt many of my entries will surround the crazy antics of my two kids, Elizabeth age 9 and Cael age 7.


So...listen to this conversation from the backseat of my minivan the other day.

Elizabeth: "Do I have any money in the bank?"

Me: "Yes, it is for college."

Elizabeth: "I plan on working really hard at the piano and soccer so I can get a scholarship for college. Then what happens to that money?"

Me: "You can use it for something else, like a car."

Elizabeth: (with wide eyes and big dreams) "Cael, what are you going to work hard at so you can get a scholarship for college?"

Cael: (with very little hesitation) "I don't really feel like working that hard at anything....I'll just use the money in the bank."

Are you kidding me?!?! Guess I'm going to have to keep working on that one.
 
Maternal to-do list:
Work ethic
Self-discipline
Driven to succeed

6 comments:

  1. Hahaha! I like caels style, sounds like me. Love that you got yourself your own little section of the Internet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I HARDLY doubt one of your children will be anything less than self-motivated!!! ;o) SO EXCITED to read your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the things that kids say, especially the off the cuff conversations. Welcome to the world of blogging...looking forward to keeping up with you and your beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cael just meant to say that he plans to work SMARTER not harder! What a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yippie! I am so happy to be "one of your followers!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so funny! Thanks for blogging!

    ReplyDelete